Thursday 30 August 2012

New work in progress

This is a new idea I have been playing with recently, amongst some others. I've been collecting burls (and I really don't know if this is what they are called) in the forest whenever I am hiking. They are remnants of old parts of trees that were either knots, or placed in which branches formed. Once they have broken down enough, they form these cool shapes that I would love to do something with. I really wanted to work with these but I am certainly a little apprehensive, since I really haven't done much in the way of 3D work for a long time. This is the first one I have worked on. I sanded it down...patiently, waxed and buffed it and then added some weathers. It's still in it's very early stages but right now I picture a collection (of better executed samples) in the form of a kind of Victorian collectors case with a number of specimens pinned to a white background. I'll keep working on it, but I thought it was important to make a new post here, since it's been a while. 








No comments:

Post a Comment